Skelta and Microsoft launch Compliance Accelerator
February 16, 2006: Skelta Software, a leading provider in BPM Workflow software along with Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., today launched the Skelta Compliance Accelerator. Built entirely on the Microsoft .NET platform, the accelerator is a 100% web based, workflow-enabled compliance solution, which will help corporates comply with statutory and regulatory legislations such as the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The solution was launched at the CII CFO Summit held in Mumbai.
Skelta Compliance Accelerator comes with pre-defined, customizable workflows and document templates, and will help CEOs/CFOs expedite their compliance initiative by simply customizing this single, out-of-box solution to their organization’s need. The solution finds relevance in the wake of the stringent policies issued by statutory bodies which make CEOs and CFOs accountable for putting in place risk management and internal control systems in critical areas of operation.
Commenting on the compliance solution, Mr. Sanjay Shah, CEO, Skelta Software said, “We are immensely pleased and delighted to announce the launch of Skelta Compliance Accelerator, Skelta’s solution for compliance management. Our workflow framework, Skelta Workflow.NET has enjoyed tremendous success in the BPM workflow space and the Compliance Accelerator is the first of the slew of workflow-enabled industry solutions that we plan to release. The Skelta Compliance Accelerator enables companies to manage all types of compliance from a centralized web-based portal. It addresses the entire spectrum of compliance activities in risk assessment, legal compliance and internal controls. Compliance initiatives are time-sensitive. We have invested considerable effort in ensuring that the Skelta Compliance Accelerator can be deployed and put to use in the shortest span of time. Ease of use, anytime anywhere access, powerful dashboards are some of the other key features. As with all Skelta products, the Compliance Accelerator makes extensive use of Microsoft technologies like SharePoint, InfoPath, SQL Server to help companies derive higher ROI on existing investments. We have leveraged on the native capabilities of these technologies to provide sophisticated document management and collaboration features within the product.”
Skelta Compliance Accelerator is a complete, end-to-end solution that allows enterprises to rapidly roll out compliance initiatives across the organization hierarchy. Skelta Compliance Accelerator enables organizations to:
- Map the organization hierarchy and structure into the compliance environment
- Document processes, risks, internal controls and test plans
- Create a centralized repository for all documents and evidence of compliance
- Define workflows for reviews and self-assessment of processes, risks and associated controls
- Define workflows for executing test plans and mitigation strategies
- Setup self-assessment schedules based on multiple parameters such as priority, criticality and effectiveness of the control
- Track status of self-assessment, test plans and mitigation plans
- Ensure that processes are approved on creation/modification and approved changes are communicated to all stakeholders
- Maintain audit trails for each compliance activity
- Allows the usage of the compliance framework to implement other compliance related initiatives
- Extends benefits of automated workflows and process management to areas besides compliance such as HR, Sales, Document Management etc.
About Skelta Software
Skelta Software (www.skelta.com) is an innovative software product company specializing in enterprise-wide Business Process Management (BPM) & Workflow Management Software solutions for small to large-sized businesses worldwide. Its flagship product, Skelta Workflow.NET 2004 is a BPM workflow software that is built on cutting-edge Microsoft .NET, XML, and Web services technologies. It is also the world's first embeddable workflow engine. Skelta enables business users and developers to design and deploy workflow applications using software tools with which they are already familiar. In addition, Skelta enables businesses to leverage on their existing investments in Microsoft technologies such as InfoPath, BizTalk Server, and SharePoint.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software for personal and business computing. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to empower people through great software-any time, any place and on any device. Microsoft Corporation India Private Ltd is a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation USA. It has had a presence in India since 1990 and currently has offices in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Pune.
For more information on Skelta and its products,
Skelta may also be contacted on phone at +1
(703) 652-8359 and on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Media enquiries,
Kalpa Shah, VP - Marketing
Tel: 91 (80) 2552-2996